Meeting and Conference RoomsBastrop Public Library Meeting/Conference Room Application (pdf)
The Bastrop Public Library encourages public use of its meeting facilities in keeping with the Library's overall mission to provide general and unrestricted access to informational, educational, cultural and recreational library materials and services in a clean, comfortable, secure environment for people of all ages.
The Meeting Room / Conference Room (meeting rooms) Policy establishes general guidelines and procedures for the use of the Library's meeting rooms. The Library Director or his appointee is responsible for implementing this Policy and for maintaining reservation lists. While these guidelines and procedures are intended to be comprehensive, other guidelines and rules may be identified and enforced, on a case-by-case basis, as the Library Director deems necessary under specific circumstances, as they may arise. The City of Bastrop reserves the right to revise this Policy, as it deems necessary from time to time.
Use of library meeting rooms by any group signifies acceptance of the terms of this policy.
- Meeting rooms at the Bastrop Public Library are designed to meet general informational, educational, cultural, and civic needs including activities such as discussion groups, panels, lectures, conferences, seminars, exhibits, displays, storytimes, puppet shows, and films.
- To be eligible to use a meeting room you must belong to a club, organization, nonprofit corporation or for-profit corporation or company.
- There is no charge for the library, City, County, Federal agencies, nonprofit organizations or clubs to use the meeting rooms. For-profit organizations and companies will be charged a fee.
- The library reserves the right to require written verification of the official status of organizations reserving our rooms. Such verification may be in the form of a letter of determination from the IRS or the Texas Secretary of State.
- Use of the Library's meeting rooms by participants does not constitute Library or City of Bastrop endorsement of materials (written, audio, etc), opinions, or viewpoints of attendees or participants. Advertisements or announcements implying such endorsements are not permitted.
- The library does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, disability or age for the use of the meeting room.
- Meeting rooms may not be used for social gatherings such as showers, birthday parties, dances, family reunions, etc.
- Meeting rooms may not be used for religious services or political campaigns (religious study groups and political forums that are sponsored by eligible clubs, organizations or non-profit corporations are permitted).
- All meeting rooms are closed on Sunday, official City of Bastrop holidays and other designated dates.
- City or Library needs may preempt any other scheduled event.
- Conference room can only be reserved during normal library operating hours per the "Reservation" procedure noted below.
- Smoking, tobacco products, alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs are not allowed.
- When checking out an after hours key it must be hand delivered to library staff the following day. Do not place key in book drop. If key is lost, cost of replacement key will be the responsibility of the organization or person checking it out and may be deducted from the security deposit.
Reservation forms to utilize a meeting room or conference room are available by telephone, in writing, in person or online. Requests to use a conference or meeting room will be honored on a first-come, first served basis. A completed reservation form must be submitted in person and be on file a minimum of 72 hours prior to the meeting and all fees and deposits must be paid by this time.
- When making a reservation, please clearly and completely fill-out a reservation form which you may obtain by telphone, online, in writing or at the library. Completed reservations forms must be submitted in person.
- Reservations are accepted up to six months in advance. Only one reservation can be submitted at a time.
- To provide an opportunity for all groups to use the meeting rooms, a group is limited to using the meeting room or conference room once a month, and the group may reserve only one meeting room for use at that time. The Library Director must approve exceptions to this rule in advance. Library or library related groups, or City of Bastrop employees may reserve a meeting room more than once a month.
- Notice of cancellation should be made as soon as possible. If a group fails to appear after 30 minutes its reservation is forfeited.
- Groups may not assign their reservations to other groups.
- A refundable $100.00 deposit is required for use of the meeting room or conference room.
- The City of Bastrop is exempt from paying the $100.00 deposit.
- Non-profits must pay the deposit of $100.00 at the same time the reservation form is submitted.
- Reservations by for-profit corporations or companies must be paid in full at the time of registration. Payment includes the rental fees for the room and the deposit.
- Reservations must include set-up and take-down time.
- Library personnel must receive notice of a cancellation minimum of 72 hours in advance to receive a full refund. Cancellations received less than 72 hours prior to the reserved event time will be refunded the deposit only.
- Cancellation notification may be made by phone, email or in person.
Care and Use of Facilities
- All organizations, profit and nonprofit, and government agencies and their representatives/members are responsible for their own set-up and take-down and cleaning of the meeting rooms (chairs and tables are available upon request but no setup or take-down or cleaning will be provided by the Library). All tables must be cleaned before returning to the rack.
- Please leave meeting rooms as they are found. If the furniture is rearranged, it should be returned to the original arrangement at the end of the meeting.
- Furniture and/or equipment from the main area of the library may not be brought into the meeting rooms.
- Sound boards are not to be used as bulletin boards. The use of push pins, straight pens, sticky note pad paper, tape or glue on sound boards is prohibited.
- Personal furniture or equipment may be provided by a group with prior approval. Arrangements for the use of personal furniture or equipment should be made at the time reservations are made.
- Equipment, supplies, or personal effects cannot be stored or left in Library meeting rooms before or after use. The Library and City shall not be responsible for materials, equipment, supplies or the personal effects of those using the Meeting Rooms.
- Keep all exits unlocked at all times. Open aisles must be maintained within the seating arrangements to provide clear access to the exits.
- Public entrances are to be used for entrance to and exit from the building, and for all deliveries.
- No announcements or notices to publicize an activity may be posted or distributed without prior approval from the Library Director.
- Attendance at meetings will be limited to the capacity of the individual meeting rooms as listed at the end of this policy. Seating and/or supplementary furniture are not allowed in corridors outside the meeting rooms.
- Simple refreshments including coffee, doughnuts, box or sack lunches, may be served in the Pressley Meeting room, but kitchen facilities or equipment will not be provided by the Library. No food allowed and beverages with twist tops only allowed in Maynard Conference room. No red beverages allowed in the library.
- All trash resulting from the serving of refreshments must be removed by the organization and thrown in the dumpster on the East side of the building.
- The individual making the reservation, as well as the membership of the group as a whole, will be held responsible for any and all damages and losses that may occur as a result of the use of the facilities.
- User shall, upon demand, immediately reimburse the City for any damages caused by User, or User's employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives, affiliates, members, guest or invitees, to the leased premises, Library property or any other real or personal property owned or leased by the City, in the performance of this agreement. User's damage deposit shall be applied to the cost of the repair for any such damages, but said damage deposit shall in no way limit or restrict User's liability, or the City's legal remedies, for the full extent of such damages.
- Permission to use Library meeting rooms may be withheld from groups failing to comply with the Meeting Room Policy and from any group that damages the room, carpet, equipment, or furniture or causes a disturbance.
- The Library Director, or his designee, shall have the authority to end meetings and/or clear/close Meeting Rooms, as he deems necessary, to protect the health, safety and welfare of individuals and property, and to maintain proper use of the Library facilities.
The City of Bastrop is committed to compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act. Reasonable modifications and equal access to communications will be provided upon request.
Please address questions not covered within this policy to Library Administration, 512-332-8881.
Available Meeting Facilities and Capacities Meeting room - 100 w/o tables or 50 w/ tables/ Conference Room - 10
Pressley Meeting Room Fee Schedule
Nonprofit - $0.00
For-Profit - $100.00 per hour
Maynard Conference Room
Nonprofit - $0.00
For-Profit - $50.00 per hour
Deposit for all individuals, group, or entities whether, for profit or non-profit is $100.00
Rev. 11/22/13 Library Board Approval: 12/02/13 City Council Approval: 01/14/14